Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Aloha! I know it has been over a week since our last post and we are very sorry!

Last Saturday we went to Sandy Beach with Russell and John Michael. Sandy Beach is down the street from Makapu'u Beach. It is a larger beach, with gorgeous views. Unfortunately, being closer to mountains, it rains more and our day was cut short with an afternoon rain.


 The drive to Sandy Beach (Koko Head)


Gorgeous blue water


With a Shore Break - no swimming signs were posted - but that didn't stop anyone from Bodyboarding and Bodysurfing. There was even a Skimboarding contest down the beach.



Look at that sexy back!



After the beach we went home and showered - and then headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the UFC fight with Russell, Russell's Dad, John Michael and Katlyn.




We ordered chicken wings with Hot Sauce - but I think we got the EXTRA hot sauce - because after only one wing, I felt ill for the rest of the night - which carried into the next day.

I am so happy because today I got to video chat with my gorgeous niece and handsome nephews. Jordyn serenaded me and Corey & Brady made me laugh as usual. All three promised to do something very important for me tomorrow when they get to Grandy's and Poppy's for Thanksgiving Dinner. I hope I get to video chat with everyone at their dinner tomorrow night, if you can peel me out of the kitchen!



Today I have been working hard to finish up the apartment so it is ready for our Thanksgiving feast. We will miss all of our friends and family this week and we hope you have a wonderful holiday! We have a lot to be thankful for this year - and couldn't be happier in beautiful Waikiki - unless our friends and family were to fly out and surprise us (give me some warning so I can get more turkey)!


The apartment is only missing a few more things until it is officially complete - a desk for the computer (currently on the dresser), a coffee table or ottoman, and some storage for our lanai (the patio). Tonight we are going out to dinner somewhere - and hopefully to Best Buy to look for new speaker stands that are tall and skinny to fit behind the sofa.

Tony is going surfing tomorrow morning, and I will be in the kitchen all day.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING from Waikiki to the Mainland!

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment