Friday, February 19, 2010

Kyle's Trip to Hawaii

Aloha! Today is the last day of Kyle's Hawaiian vacation. Here is a recap...

I mentioned Kyle's first night in my last post - but here are a few pictures from the Big Kahuna 3D Mini Golf course.
 
  
 

The next morning we went to Hanauma Bay to go snorkeling, but the parking lot was full, so we gave Kyle a little tour of some beaches. We started off at the blowhole, where there were some whales off in the distance. Tony and Kyle saw a tail of one, and I only saw one blow out water. Next we headed to Sandy Beach.
 
After checking out a few other spots, we headed back to Hanauma Bay.
 
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
On Saturday afternoon, we went to a Yelp party at Ala Moana Beach Park. Emi, the Honolulu Community Manager for Yelp, rented 4 Stand Up Paddle Boards and we had a pot luck lunch. I made some yummy Valentine Day cupcakes. Kyle and Tony got out and paddled around on the SUP (Stand Up Paddle) boards... which made me want to try it... I got up... paddled 15 feet away, tried to turn... and fell off! No fun. I worked that night, and afterward, Tony, Kyle, Russell and I went to the movies to see Valentine's Day. It was good, not great. The boys weren't big fans. Tony and I are celebrating Valentine's Day next weekend - hopefully getting couples massages!! 

Valentine's Day/Sunday afternoon, Tony and Kyle went to Diamondhead Beach, while I shopped around Waikiki looking for a V-day gift for Tony. I found him a new extra stretchy Rip Curl swim suit and a pair of Rainbows flip flops. Tony got me an awesome camera - which arrived on Tuesday... pictures to come! Sunday night was pool league night at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards. I played first for the team... and lost all 4 matches :0(. Tony played last and sealed the win for our team! After pool, we went to LuLu's for some amazing Kalua Pork Nachos. On Monday, Tony, Kyle and Russell drove to the North Shore. I had to work that night, so I didn't join them. 

On Tuesday, Tony returned to work, and Kyle and I went to Waikiki beach.

 
When we got back from the beach, we both realized how much color we had gotten!! Kyle had a racing stripe down his arm and my butt was bright red!! My new camera had arrived (thanks for sending Jill, thanks Shannon for selling)!!

Check out Rusty's nose from at least 6ft away!! 
 
My awesomely huge Valentine's Day balloons! 
  
The mountains from our Lanai! 
 

More stories and pictures to come - but now I have to get ready to take Kyle to the airport and for work tonight!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment