Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday MORNING Football and the North Shore

Yesterday morning, we ate breakfast at MAC 24/7 at our hotel, the Hilton Prince Kuhio in Waikiki. I was craving pancakes, and when I went to order them the waiter/bartender said they are BIG - but that is all I wanted. Well BIG was an understatement! These suckers had to be at least 15 inches wide. Apparently they are famous pancakes - mentioned on the Food Network. I didn't get the memo and barely made it a third of the way through them!!


We woke up today at 7am to watch FOOTBALL! Unfortunatly we didn't get the Ravens game at the hotel but we watched the other games and I started at the corner of the screen with the scrolling scores. GO RAVENS! Following the first set of games we watched the Redskins game - not so hot.

Headed to the North Shore in the afternoon - it is GORGEOUS and the waves are HUGE!! I know they are huge because Tony said HE wouldn't surf them!! We made a few stops along the way to check out the waves and the surf. At one stop we met this Sea Turtle - better pictures to come once I get my computer. He is believed to be 35+ years old and over 250lbs! He didn't do much but sit there while we admired his size!


After visiting the Sea Turtle we got back in the car and drove to Jameson's By The Sea on the North Shore. We sat outside overlooking the water and the marina. The breeze and sunset was perfect. We tried Mahi Mahi for the first time - which Tony really like, but it was breaded, so I wasn't a huge fan - tasted like a fish stick! But, the Fried Shrimp were some of the best I have ever had!



I would have enjoyed the whole day even more except that I am feeling very achey and sick today. Hopefully this will go away soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment