Thursday, December 17, 2009

12/13/09 Jill and Shannon Visit - Day 4

While Shannon was watching TV and napping in the living room, I secretly baked Shannon a Red Velvet birthday cake. Jill tried to get Shannon out of the apartment, to go watch the Redskins game, but she wouldn't budge, so I used my stealth skills to mix and prepare the cake by the sink, and blocked the oven with the refrigerator door! She had no idea!! 


That afternoon, we headed to Hanauma Bay to go snorkeling.

View of the bay from the top



 
 
 
Jill underwater... 
 

 
 
 
 
 Even though I had been snorkeling once before in the Bahamas, I still half hyperventilated for the first 10 minutes - same thing I did in the Bahamas! Tony calmed me down and once I got the breathing down I had an amazing time!

Look, Me, underwater!
 
Tony and Jill wrestling underwater... 
 
Me and Tony underwater... 

The snorkel gear had to be returned by 5:30, so we only had about 30 minutes to snorkel. When Tony and I get our Hawaii licenses we are going back - free for Kamaaina. The beach is really gorgeous, and it would be nice to have a relaxing day to go in and out of the water snorkeling.

For Shannon's official birthday dinner we took Jill and Shannon to Tanaka of Tokyo East. Our new favorite Hibachi Grill. This location is literally two blocks from our apartment, and we still managed to be a few minutes late!!

 
 
The food is always delicious and the cook is always entertaining! I ordered the birthday package for Shannon - she got a photo of the group, a birthday cake, and a Tanaka of Tokyo glass. Mmmm!

After dinner we played pool at Mad Dog Saloon and then went to Nashville's for some Country music and darts!

No comments:

Post a Comment