Monday, November 15, 2010

Trip Home to Maryland Part 2

I forgot to add this picture on the last post... On the first afternoon in Maryland, I was in much need of a nap after the long flight. I was just getting settled in on the sofa, when Coco climbed up on my chest and slept/snored for at least an hour... I loved every second of it, although my ribs did not. She made me miss my Rusty man even more than I already did!!

Monday, October 11, 2010
On the morning after the wedding, we woke well rested (hadn't slept that well in a long time), and headed over to the old Broadway Diner for breakfast with Tony's mom Kerry and Aunt Candy. The name of the diner had changed but nothing else had!!!

After breakfast, I headed back to Baltimore and Tony headed to College Park to hang out with his sister, Jill.

On Monday night, I had dinner with the ladies at Red Robin (Gav-o's fave) and got my first look at Erin's big preggo belly!!

We talked so long that I am pretty sure we shut the place down and then continued gabbing in the parking lot!!


Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Mandi came up with the genius idea of throwing us a Fakesgiving Dinner since we would be missing Thanksgiving again this year. We went to the grocery store for some last minute items, but not before stopping by my long lost favorite Chick-fil-a!!

We returned home to prepare our feast before our guests started to arrive. It was so nice to have the whole family together for dinner!! Unfortunately I was so distracted playing with my niece and nephews that I forgot to take pictures until half the party had left!!

I wanted to hug and kiss this lil' chef all night long for putting together such a great evening!

Aunt Rozzi and Uncle Alan


My 10 year old niece, Jordyn, filled me in on her newest business endeavor - Sticky Stuff - her company with her friend Matthew, where they make duct tape wallets. She was running a deal the night of Fakesgiving Dinner, if you purchased 2 wallets, you get a free bracelet as well! The wallets are a steal at only $1 each. I even got mine monogrammed. Let me know if you are interested in a custom made Sticky Stuff wallet, I have the hookup!





Wednesday, October 13, 2010
On Wednesday when I finally woke up from tryptophan overload, Tony and I met his cousin Adam at Panera during his lunch break. It wasn't quite long enough and we didn't get to see Gav-o, but it was nice to catch up!

After lunch we headed toward College Park and I went directly to Chipotle!! Mmmmmm! Still don't understand why there isn't one on Hawaii!!


Before we knew it, it was time to jump aboard the metro and head to the Verizon Center to enjoy an amazing Capitals game with Gungadin and his girlfriend Jamie!! CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!

After the Caps won we headed to Clyde's for dinner and "oyster hour" which I took full advantage of, ordering (and eating) 2 dozen!! Once we had our fill of oysters, we headed back to College Park to meet up with Jill and friends!


Thank you so much for the great tickets and fun night Gunga!!

Thursday, October 14, 2010
The weather started to get colder and colder as the week went on, and by Thursday the rain had started with a vengeance. We made the drive from College Park to past Waldorf in some of the worst rain that I had seen in a looong time! We met Tony's DC boss and her husband for lunch at a cute little restaurant and enjoyed some yummy cream of crab soup!

Thursday night, we went to Ben's Next Door in DC, with some friends. Again, I was so busy talking I forgot to take pictures... Of the fried chicken and macaroni and cheese... Oh yea and our wonderful friends that met us there!! (Mike & Livvy, Gauzza & Rebekah, Rob, and of course Welton)

Following dinner, we went into Adam's Morgan to see some more friends at District.

We had such a great night in DC. Only things we missed were Jumbo Slice and a few other friends (eh hemm Matt Cronin).

Friday, October 15, 2010
Tony woke up early to head home to his parent's house, and my mommy came to pick me up at Jill's in College Park. We spent the afternoon shmying around Arundel Mills mall together and enjoyed each other's company over lunch at Chevy's. After shopping until we dropped we headed home.... I needed a nap and was joined this time by not only Coco but Molly too!

Doesn't she look like Rusty from that angle?? She weighs about 1/3 of what Rusty-man does!!

That night the family went to dinner at Bertucci's, followed by a late night trip to Target because my dad needed a new pen for work??? Not a problem, because I will never turn down a trip to the Tar'get! And it turned out I needed a trip to the medicine aisle, because I started getting a case of the sniffles and sore throat.

Tony and his parents spent the day at the track, and then the movies to see a movie about a horse!! It was his last night in Maryland, and he spent it in the perfect way, surrounded by family and gambling!

Saturday, October 16, 2010
Mandi and I had to be up bright and early on Saturday morning to get to Jordyn and Corey's soccer game. Brady's team didn't have a game that day, and its a good thing because Mr. Popular had multiple birthday parties to attend!!

See Jordy wayyyy out there?
It was soooo cold!

After the game, Mandi and I took Jordy and Corey to lunch at Chick-fil-a (without the good stuff for a whole year, I had to go twice this week). The adventure continued at Dave and Buster's, where we easily played 90% of the games in the place! Everyone got prizes from all of our ticket winning success, including Brady who got prizes picked out by his big bro and sis!



That night I went on a date with my little Mandi for dinner and a movie. We chit-chatted all night long, and she even got a kiss goodnight :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010
On my last day in Maryland, I spent it like all good Baltimorians, watching the Ravens game.

During the game, Brady cuddled up with me and wrote me some love notes...

He is such a sweetie.

After the game the party moved outside, starting with moped rides. I have already given up on the idea of moped-ing, so I sat this one out.


Next we played some basketball with the kids.... Literally.



Brady wasn't too fond of being the ball.

When it was time for Mandi and I to leave Brian & Kim's I got quite the guilt trip from all three kids, starting with Jordyn who asked when we would be moving back. Next was Corey, who got mad at me and wouldn't give me a hug or kiss goodbye. Then Brady came in with his sad baby doll eyes. I had to make a run for it, because I didn't want to start tearing up. When we were getting ready to back out of the driveway Corey came running out to lay a fat wet kiss on me!

That evening, my parents, Mandi and I cuddled up on the sofa to watch the latest Dexter episode. It made for the perfect end, to the perfect last day of my trip.

At 4am the next morning, Mom and Mandi drove me to the airport for my flight back to Hawaii.

My plane ride was absolutely miserable, and probably worse for the people stuck near me! I took meds to try and sleep through the flight but my nose was so stuffed I am sure I snored, and so drippy, I am sure I grossed them out. I was so excited to land in Honolulu and see Tony, Rusty, and the palm trees but my body hurt so badly that I couldn't show any forms of emotion... The sickness last the rest of the week, but slowly got better day by day. Luckily I had taken 1 extra day of work off to rest!!


Thank you to everyone who made our trip to Maryland so special. We squeezed in as much as we possibly could, and loved every moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment