Sunday, January 3, 2010

Aloha! Happy Sunday! GOOOO RAVENSS!!! Ravens IN, Steelers OUT - Music to my ears!!!

New Year's Eve
We went to Tiki's Grill for a late dinner and hung around and listened to the music until just before midnight. Tony and I shared the yummy scallops!

Me & Russell
 
Me & Tony

At 11:50 we walked down to the beach, where hundreds of people were set up waiting for the fireworks.


 

The fireworks started at 12am Hawaii time - and lasted for about 15 minutes. All throughout the night there were fireworks being lit around Waikiki. There was a foggy haze of smoke as we walked home that night!


New Year's Day
We started out the day at a friend of Tony's, Mike and his girlfriend Leslie's house, to watch the bowl games, and enjoy some gourmet pizza - Mike made homemade dough & sauce and the pizza was amazing

That evening, the New Year's Day Good Luck dinner was a big success. I made a roasted pork loin, with black eyed peas (with onions and bacon... anything to help the dirt taste), corn, potatoes, corn muffins and brownies for dessert. Tony loved the pork!


Yesterday, I got to video chat with my brother, Brian, and my handsome nephew Corey for a few minutes. As soon as Corey saw Tony with his shirt off, his t-shirt came flying off, so he could show us his muscles. I miss my babies :) Love that we get to video chat!!!

After our chat we went out to the beach, where we sunbathed until the sun went down.
 
Tony standing on the wall... 
 

See me??


 
 
Can you see me?

 
Tony wanted to catch the "green flash" that occurs when the sun sets - I think we got it (a little after 25sec into the video...). Do you see it?


Last night, we had a relaxing dinner at Cheesecake Factory, and then went home to lay around!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! So happy about the Ravens!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Tony, Russell & Lindsay,

    Mahalo Nui Loa for spending New Year's Eve at Tiki's Grill & Bar. We are glad you liked the food and music.

    I would like to invite you to join on our Face Book Fan Page, so we can invite you to other events.

    Mahalo Michael Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Lindsay you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete