Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Aloha! Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

My friend Jamie and her father arrived in Hawaii on Thursday. They were in town for Jamie's cousin's wedding. On Friday night, they met us for dinner at our very first experience with Thai food. We went to Phuket Thai. I ordered the Sampler Platter for an appetizer - just so we could try a little bit of everything. The platter came with Spring Rolls, Fish Patties, Shrimp Rolls and Stuffed Chicken Wings. Our first mistake was missing the word "stuffed" in the chicken wings - Tony cut into this odd looking "chicken wing" and we were more than surprised to find noodles and some other crazy stuff inside (looked like the chicken wing had intestines!) Neither of us really liked the taste of it, and I don't think we got over the sight of cutting it open (and lets just say the 2nd one just sat on the plate, going uneaten). I have had Shrimp Rolls at pho restaurants before, and already knew I wasn't a fan. Our guests tried it, and weren't into the basil taste. I enjoyed the Spring Rolls, but had mixed feelings on the fish patties.  Next time I think we will skip the sampler platter and go with just the spring rolls!

For dinner Tony ordered the Thai Crispy Fried Chicken. I ordered the Seafood Combination, minus the fish. Jamie, ordered the Thai Fried Noodles with Chicken. I didn't try the other two dishes that were ordered - Russell ordered a curry dish and Jamie's Dad a broccoli noodle dish. Tony's chicken was very good. I really liked Jamie's Thai Fried Noodles - I think I may order this next time with shrimp, because I was mixing hers with my Seafood Combination, and it was really good. She was surprised by the spiciness of the dish.  Tony surprisingly liked the restaurant, and we both agreed we will be trying Thai again!

Jamie and her Dad


Russell & Tony


Me & Jamie

On Saturday, Tony went surfing with his friend Mike. He had a really great time, and caught his first barrel! That afternoon we took Rusty to a beach by Diamondhead. Rusty hasn't been off leash anywhere besides inside the apartment, since we moved to Hawaii, so we were really excited to take him there! He stayed closer to us off leash, then he does on a leash!


 
 
 
 
 
Rusty swimming above the water... 
 
There was a modeling shoot while we were there! 
 
 
 
 
 
 Saturday night, Russell joined us for some Pizza Hut pizzas at the apartment. Afterward, we went to Dave & Buster's for some games. Tony, of course, won a monkey from the giant claw machine!



On Sunday, Tony and I went to our first week of the pool league we joined at Hawaiian Brian's Billiards. Unfortunately, the team we were supposed to play couldn't make it, so we will be playing TWO teams this coming Sunday.


 

We had a good time, learning some new techniques from our team captain, Dean.

That's all for now... more to come later this week.

xoxo & aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment